Thursday, July 9, 2015

You only think you love yourself.


                I asked someone,"on a scale from 1-10, how much would you say you love yourself, 1 being hate and 10 being unconditionally?" the person responded with a sure 8. That's pretty high, awesome right? Wrong! liking yourself and loving yourself are not the same, but are commonly mistaken for each other. Don't get me wrong, there are the few that actually do love themselves, but it definitely isn't common.


1.What is Love?

Although I myself am not religious I believe in the bible's description of love. That is my moral compass, the backboard by which I bounce off every idea, feeling, relationship, and conscious act.
To claim that you love yourself you must have a concrete understanding of what love means to you. If your idea of love wavers then you could love yourself today and hate yourself tommorow...


2.Do you know yourself?

Most people have NO IDEA who they are, at all. We spend our lives trying to shimmy our way in and out of boxes, so what does it mean to know yourself? Start by asking yourself this: If society never told me who I was, what I should or shouldn't do, what I should and shouldn't like, Who would I be?
     Through realizing that you are, until this point, only a projection of other peoples ideals, you can now begin to get to the center of you. The Real You. This is a long arduous task. You have to rethink everything you ever thought about yourself, or anyone else for that matter. As well as rethinking everything you believe and why you believe them. When you start inspecting the root of your actions you will begin the process of self realization.


3.Putting it into action

Once you have begun the journey of finding your true self, beneath the bed of everyone elses crap, you can put your belief system of Love into effect, on yourself!!
Don't worry! Take it one day at a time, and every day you can put your money where your mouth is a day that you can say with truth that you love yourself, until then.....


Peace and Love to You


No comments:

Post a Comment